- The Imagine Festival is running until the 25th October in Waterford. On Sunday, storyteller and Seanachai Eddie Lenihan, is doing two shows locally. The first is fairy stories for kids and kicks off at 1 pm in St Patrick's Gateway Centre, Patrick St, Waterford. At 10 pm his second show will start. This one is aimed at the adults and is sure to be an entertaining evening. Eddie is a friend of ours here at Nell's. He told stories around our open fire in the past. This is one not to be missed.
- Up the road in Kilkenny the Savour Festival is on. We love our food around here at Nell's which means we love a good food festival. The festival will be in full swing on Sunday. The "Build The Ultimate Burger" event and "Yes Chef, War Stories from the Kitchen" are two events that take place on Sunday that have caught my eye.
- Summer in Dublin may be over but Bagatelle are still on the go, but not for long...As part of their final tour they are playing this Sunday night in the Clonmel Park Hotel as part of the Tipptober Festival. Tickets can be booked through the Clonmel Park Hotel
- Down the road and over the bridge in Wexford Loftus Hall the most haunted house in Ireland is the ideal stop if your into a bit of paranormal. There's lots of tour options on Sunday for big and small kids. If your there during the day spin down to Hook Lighthouse afterwards for tea and cake. You might need something sweet after your Loftus tour!!
- The Suir Valley Railway are running the Spooky Express on Saturday 24th but will also be running trains on Sunday 25th and up until Sunday 1st November. The trains operate daily at 12pm, 1pm and 2pm. The prices are €8.50 for an adult, €7 for a golden years ticket and children (under 16) travel FREE for the entire week. This is a great way to see part of the new Greenway which will open next year.
- My last suggestion, a bonus one, is to put the feet up, light the fire and enjoy a cup of tea and savour the extra hour on your own sofa :-)
However you decide to spend your bank holiday weekend we here at Nell's Farmhouse hope you have a good one. If you would like to spend some time (night/weekend/week) at Nell's Farmhouse please contact us on email@example.com or 086-2206007